Just before Christmas a few of my friends and Casey's mom's friends hosted a BEAUTIFUL baby shower for us. We have been completely humbled by the generosity, love and support of each of you, our family and friends. What a blessing to have friends and family to share our joy and excitement of expecting new life with. We cannot adequately express our deepest gratitude, appreciation and thanks for all you have done for us to make this time so special! We love you all!!
Casey and I eagerly anticipated this day for a long time. We decided on Baby Z's name in October but decided to keep it to ourselves for a while. We spent time praying over his name and asked God for discernment while deciding before making the announcement. He was sure to answer our prayers and gave us confirmation and peace over his name. We were so excited about it and couldn't wait to reveal the name at the shower! We shared his initials, JGZ, and had all the guests guess his name when they arrived.
Every last detail was so thoughtfully planned and the shower was just absolutely gorgeous!
These cookies could be the death of me. I think I probably ate almost every one of them. :) YUM!
Thank you sweet friends for coming and showering us with your love and generosity!!
Once everyone made their best guess at Baby Z's name, I made the announcement. I read all the guesses aloud and loved seeing what everyone thought his name was. The most popular guesses were James, Garrett and Gage. I brought wooden letters that spelled out his name and we scrambled them up on the piano. While I was reading the guesses out loud, some listened and others tried to unscramble the letters to reveal his name!
My sweet friend Meagan guessed James Grayson, the closest guess! She's the ONLY person to guess Grayson the entire time we kept his name secret!
John Grayson Zachry is his name. He is named John after his daddy (Casey John), who was named after his great-grandpa. My great-grandpa was also named John, and Casey and I both grew up hearing stories from our dads of what incredible men they were and the great memories they had of them. We loved the meaning of John, "God is gracious," and felt it was fitting to name our son after the men who have had such a great influence on our families and helped shape them into what they are today. From the time we found out we were pregnant and started brainstorming names we loved the name Grayson. Of course, we read the entire book of 100,000 baby names to make sure there wasn't one we liked more, but had such peace after asking the Lord to show us his name. Hopefully it won't cause too much confusion as he will go by his middle name, Grayson. :)
You would have thought Casey died and went to heaven when he saw we recieved this stuffed deer mount as a gift. He wasn't so much concerned about a car seat, stroller, crib, etc. but he HAD TO HAVE this deer for the nursery! :) Oh I love my precious hubby to pieces!!
My sweet friend Wynne was out of town the weekend of our shower throwing yet ANOTHER shower for a friend in Waco and running in yet ANOTHER marathon with her family in Dallas! We were both so sad she couldn't be there as we were so anxious for the name reveal! I think she was more excited than anyone to find out. :) She was so sweet and sent these precious socks and card to the shower. I LOVE these and have heard they're the best socks for babies!! Can't wait to put them on Grayson's sweet little feet! :)
































What a sweet way to reveal the name! I love his name, by the way!!! I will be praying for you in the days ahead, you are so close!!! I cannot wait to witness you transform into a mother. It's the greatest blessing in the world!!! Keep us updated!!!
ReplyDeleteAHHH love you ALLI and what a sweet post. your shower looked BEAUTIFUL! what a blessing. can't wait to meet mr grayson :) I was FREAKING out that day dying to know his name. I can't speak for anyone else but I sure was excited!!! (glad to be the most excited!) he is going to rock his football socks - maybe he can wear them next fall at midland high games :) love love love you befri!
ReplyDelete