Thursday, October 22, 2009

DOUBLE. DIGITS.

99 days. That's it. 99 days to prepare for our lives to be forever changed. 99 days to paint, put together furniture, hang curtains and pictures, prepare the coziest little crib, wash and put away the tiniest clothes, feel the sweetest kicks and flips inside my belly, bathe in precious moments with my wonderful hubby, dream of all the unknowns of what's to come, SLEEP and just be STILL before the Lord.

I can't even believe we're just three months away from meeting our precious little boy. What a joy this experience has been for me. The Lord has revealed himself to me and taught me so much in the past 6 months. Mostly of my desperate need for Him. Who am I to raise one of his children? Oh Lord, please equip me. Give me words to speak life into this precious child. Father, guide me in showing baby boy who you are. Grow in him a desire to know you, thirst and hunger for you. Cultivate in him a heart like yours and prepare his spirit to know you, Lord.

We are so thankful for the opportunity to shepherd one of the Lord's most precious children. We pray and believe God will raise him up do to great and mighty things for His kingdom!

We love you sweet baby boy and can't wait to meet you in 99 short days!!

3 comments:

  1. So Precious!
    So excited for ya'll! Boys will be so much fun!!!
    I have 43 more days left... crazy! I was told at my last sonogram that we have a BIG baby on our hands... they think he's already 5 lbs and could be 8.5-9 lbs at birth! Oh Lordy! ha. Say some prayers for me! Let's hope that was just an estimate! I have 6 more weeks! I THINK I may have the finish line in sight! It's been a long, but exciting time. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see you and Casey grow as a family. The other night after COM group Chris and I spoke about how thankful we are to have such a precious couple to remind us of the beauty of God's design in marriage. Let the count down begin...Baby Z, we are so excited to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were so far along! I remember closing with you at BR one night before y'all left LBB...which now seems like not too long ago. We were talking about when you thought y'all would start a family & here you are only 3 months away from diving in. You & Casey are about to experience God at a whole new level. From complete dependence on Him to function with no sleep (it's coming...don't be in denial!) to relying on Him to save your sweet child's soul one day, I pray you will taste & see His joy through every second of it. Being a mom is seriously like putting on this permanent pair of glasses that cause you to see EVERYTHING in a new light.

    I bet you are the most beautiful pregnant mommy to be out there :) If you have a Lubbock shower will you send me an invite? Even if you don't, I'd love to know where you are registered.

    ReplyDelete