Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Introducing Baby Boy Zachry

Casey and I had our 27 week appointment on Monday and a 4D Sonogram of our sweet baby boy this morning! We got a great report from the doctor and everything is looking perfect! Baby boy is measuring right on track and has a great heartbeat around 154 beats per minute.

I took the glucose test on Monday to test for gestational diabetes.  I've heard awful things about this test, specifically the sugary orange drink you have to drink in 5 minutes! Well, they gave me the option of drinking orange or fruit punch. I had no idea there was anything other than orange, and since I'd heard terrible things about it I opted for the fruit punch! It really wasn't bad at all, it tasted like Hawaiian Punch which I like. :) They're going to continue watching and testing my blood sugar from here on out, but aren't too concerned about it.

I've felt really good my whole pregnancy and have no complaints! I love feeling his little jabs and kicks and turns inside my belly all day. What a sweet and surreal time this has been for me! Thank you all so much for your continued prayers! The Lord is definitely hearing our prayers and He's more than deserving of all the glory for my wonderful pregnancy and the great growth and health of our precious boy. Casey and I are so thankful for each one of you and your wonderful support.

These are a couple of pictures we got of our sweet angel this morning! He was not quite ready to show us a full front-on face view, but we got a couple cute profile pictures. He was snuggled up next to the placenta, which is what you'll see around his face in most the pictures. He was pretty comfy right where he was! Do you have any thoughts on who he might look like?










I hope you're all having a great week! Hard to believe it's almost November!! We can't wait to formally introduce you to our sweet blessing in 3 short months!

We love you all!!

5 comments:

  1. Allison, what a beautiful blessing! I am so happy the apt went well and baby Zachry is doing great and you are feeling well ;) I think I see his daddy in him around his mouth on the 2nd picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww- precious pictures! How exciting. We never got a 3 or 4D picture... so those are pretty awesome for you to have!
    I'm so glad things are going to smoothly for you! It's such an exciting time! It really is neat to feel all those little movements! But OH just wait... they get to be active little boys and kick you in the ribs and kick your belly so hard it feels like they are going to bust a hole in your belly! ha...
    5 more weeks left for me! yay!
    Great post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE is already beautiful Alli! I am so excited for you, there is nothing as sweet as those kicks that only mommy gets to feel. Keep up the good blogging...you will LOVE looking back especially when your sweet boy arrives, turns one, starts walking, and on and on and on. It's such a great way to preserve such wonderful memories! Does baby boy have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! He's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments! I hope you are doing well! Are you getting the nursery all set up?

    ReplyDelete